Janathon #4 – It wasn’t me guv

Following my post yesterday, I would like to start off by reassuring people that, as far as I know, the Yorkshire earthquake wasn’t caused by my bra-testing efforts in a branch of Debenhams across the Pennines. I have not yet had this confirmed by the British Geological Society, but noone’s coming knocking on my door demanding compensation and that’s good enough for me.

Today was the first of my Janathons in the dark, but I was supposed to have some company in the form of my friend (the original running bully who took me on my first faltering, wheezing run-walk steps a couple of years ago). However, she has a new chap in her life and I felt mean dragging her away from him for the sake of a 3 mile run. I was all set to venture out on my own when I got a text from Ginge (Mr Travelling Hopefully) offering me some company. Well, I’m not one to turn down some companionship, but we do have a chequered history of running together (see past blog posts if you’re interested, basically it goes something along the lines of we set off, he goes faster than me, he denies that he goes faster than me, I get into a strop, we fall out. Then we complete the first mile. Once I got a garmin, I proved he went faster than me and I don’t think we’ve been out together since).

I did offer Ginge the chance to guest blog this post, but he declined, so he only has himself to blame for anything that I write (Hello darling!). It was a lovely run – I got to go on a route that I wouldn’t do on my own, we had half an hour together where I wasn’t reading people’s Janathon blogs and he’s volunteered to run once or twice a week with me. Result! He’s fallen off the running wagon, but usually hops back on with irritating ease (I think it’s a bloke thing) so I’m going to enjoy his lack of speed while it lasts, at the end of which either we’ll start falling out or I’ll have to go faster.

In Janathon washing news, I have had to discover a second cycle on the washing machine (the F has worn off our dial as it’s the only one I use…) so that I could get my white (sock) wash done for tomorrow morning. I also keep forgetting what kit I own as I eventually condemned a couple of things that were either saggy from a boil wash (the result of the last time that I ventured away from F) or smelled like dog (the result of Juneathon, a tent and a laundry bag).

Day 4/31 – 3 miles
Ferrero rochers burned*

*Have just seen a Special K bar advert and thought “you could have a whole ferrero rocher and a lick of another instead of one of those. This is probably why I am rarely seen breezing round town in a little red dress. Ah well.

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Janathon #4 – It wasn’t me guv

1. Highway Kind says:

Running together is good. To save future arguments agree before the run that you will set the pace and run about a step in front.

As for Special K I just do not understand the slimming claims. It is full of sugar to compensate for lack of fat. Weird.

• travellinghopefully says:

I do not understand the appeal of eating 2 bowls of cereal and a balanced dinner as a diet. Having said that, there’s a tape measure on the packet so it must help you lose weight…

2. fairweatherrunner says:

Think I need a trip to Debenhams for an extra running bra… so if theres an earthquake in west london we’ll know the cause of this january seismic activity! Meanwhile I’m reading blogs while my machine finishes so I can hang out my kit for morning!

• travellinghopefully says:

Must take socks out of machine. Must take socks out of machine. Must take socks out of machine…

• travellinghopefully says:

Thanks! I’m incredibly touched/amazed by everyone who’s reading my witterings.

3. runhelenrun says:

My Mr. has only been running for a few month (after I encouraged him to give it a go!) and sporadically at that and he already runs faster than me and he complains it feels like he’s running further when he runs with me because of how much longer it takes! Cheeky Git!

4. laurajonesruns says:

I need to invest in a new running bra – I always go to M&S for mine but that’s probably just because I’m British. Doubt I am of such proportions that I’ll register on the richter scale though.

• travellinghopefully says:

M&S appear to have stopped doing my old faithful and when I went to look for an alternative on Monday, the sports bras were next to the till. I couldn’t actually get to them because of the sturdy queue of women tutting loudly at the lady with a complicated exchange who was at the desk….