Two ways of looking at the same run:
- I ran-walked. A lot.
- Especially up hills. I chickened out of hills.
- I can’t control my pace, I keep going a bit too fast then having to walk.
- There’s no way I can do a marathon.
- I covered 7 miles, which is the longest I’ve done since 2013. I’ve also not done a full 6 miles for a few weeks (due to illness and falling over halfway through last week’s)
- It’s a hilly route and I did manage the first couple of uphills that I didn’t think I could do.
- My overall pace was pretty much what I would have been aiming at.
- No one is making me do a marathon tomorrow, I’ve got until November.
- Nothing hurt and I didn’t fall over.
I think, overall, I managed to shout down the negatives.