Having been to the gym properly this morning, I can counterbalance my last post with some things that I like about the gym.
- The gym is open 24 hours – I’m never going to go in the middle of the night, but it does mean that I can go nice and early and not miss the best part of the day.
- The loud young people’s music – this gives me much scope for me asking questions like “do they play this on the light programme?” and “will I have heard it on Desert Island Discs?” like a befuddled retired colonel (I enjoy this far more than I should).
- Using the treadmill to do intervals reduces my capacity to skive – if I don’t keep up the pace, I will fall off.
- I will have all sorts of newly aching body parts in the morning.
- There are toilet facilities on hand – without going into too much detail, if I need to go then my insides are activated after about a mile or so. If I reach two miles, then I can run as far as I can without needing the loo. Today was no different, except that I could nip downstairs and then carry on (unlike Wednesday when I mightily narked to get up at half five and have my run cut short at 1.5 miles).