Since the last post….
1. I have been on a running weekend and survived.
2. Husband has been for a run on his own with my garmin and returned home with an average pace that’s a good minute plus faster than mine.
3. I’ve been on one group run, but that’s been it
4. I’ve had an ear infection which has progressed from feeling like someone was poking my ear with a knitting needle to just leaking ick. Constantly.
1. I was bullied into the running weekend in Whitby and hate to say it, but I really enjoyed myself. We missed the Friday teatime run as neither me or my mate the running bully could skive off work, so just did the 2 Saturday runs. This was an 8.8mile run at Robin Hood’s Bay in the morning and a 5.7mile amble along the beach and back along the cliff tops before tea. The weather was glorious, I coped ok with the running and I felt refreshed and enthused about the whole running malarky.This is despite the fact that there was a fair few Serious Runners on the weekend. I am many things, but a Serious Runner I am not. In fact, being in their presence makes me want to have an extra pint or a piece of cake just to show them (I appreciate that this is self-defeating). I don’t think I aspire to being a Serious Runner, just a regular runner would suit me.
2. Ha. I told you so.
3. Despite the enthusiasm and reminder that yes I really do enjoy this, I have only managed one run this week. I’ve felt a bit poo due to (4) and I’m struggling to adjust to the onset of autumn. Morning runs are harder due to the increasing lack of light (and my general reluctance to get out of bed) and evening runs don’t seem to be happening either. I was pinning a lot of hope on this weekend, but ear, travelling to fantastic gig in Birmingham, travelling back from gig, 2 hour plus sleep this afternoon (I think due to ear-related malady), errands and ear leakage have scuppered my plans somewhat.
4. Ick. That’s all I’m saying.
At the moment, I’m not sure how to resolve my time/darkness/laziness issue. Hmmm. But I do have a lovely new car, which will enable me to drive to more exciting places and run in them. Oh yes…